The mind is master over the body. If you fully understand this, and if you apply this and put it to meaningful use, then you can accomplish anything. You can control your body weight, musculature, wakefulness, creativity, energy, drives and the course to your achievement of any goal.
The rule is this: If you can envision any future goal (with full, multi-sensorial, exacting detail -- as if you were living in it and fully immersed in it -- a sort of "time machine" virtual reality) in the present, and continue to perceive that goal to point of obsession, and ultimately to the full embodiment of acceptance, your mind will direct your body to make the choices and to take the steps necessary to the attainment of your goals.
Most of this voodoo takes place through the action of the subconscious and the super conscious, with the lagging participation of the conscious mind in a third place position.
This has practical applications in every aspect of health, life and your business, profession or career. The force of the mind is only beginning to be understood -- but by all estimations, it is far more vast, with more capabilities, than we had thought in years past.
The principle behind The Braintenance Blog is that if you can strengthen and master your mind, you can extend that mastery to every single aspect of the experience of your life.
Try these very varied exercises to strengthen you mind, and to strengthen your mind-body control abilities:
1) Close your eyes and imagine, in full sensorial detail, exactly (suspend any limiting beliefs, biases, or past experiences, if negative) what you want your future to look like, smell like, sound like and feel five years from now. Live in it. remain immersed in it. You might want to set an alarm for 10 minutes to give you a precise amount of time for this. You must be uninterrupted. You must focus completely, you must live the dream. If you do this properly, you will be able to recall the fullness of the experience anytime you choose. Choose to remember it and to be immersed in it several times daily. Project yourself into that future as a brief vacation from the rigors of the present. Know in your conscious mind that by doing this, you will arrive at that future.
This involves some meditation, self-hypnosis, NLP, Time Line Therapy, creative visualization and some discipline -- not discipline to do things (as this will happen naturally), but discipline to think in this way.
2) Find the next number in each of the following sequences of numbers (key: learn the rule, and then extrapolate):
- 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, __
- 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 49, 64, __
- 1100, 1010, 1001, 0110, 1101 __
- 0, 2, 2, 4, 6, 10, 16, 26, 42,__
- 2, 20, 200, 2,000, 20,000 __
- 6, 24, 120, 720, 1,540, _____
3) Watch the following video, without any interruption, and with complete suspension of any limiting beliefs or cynicism -- watch as if you were a fascinated child:
I'll have some answers for exercise number 2 for you next time. Don't try to figure out why I chose these three particular exercises in this particular order. Just understand (and believe) that this was done for you purposefully.
Douglas E. Castle for The Braintenance Blog, The Daily Dose Of Brilliance Blog, The Global Futurist Blog, and The Internationalist Page Blog. [phew]