Telekinesis has long been the subject of scientific exploration, experimentation and some fiction, as well. Not as abstract and as difficult to quantify or evidence as astral projection, ESP, clairvoyance and other fancy stuff, telekinesis is a phenomenon that could be the subject of a controlled laboratory trial. The notion of moving objects with the power of the mind (psycho bioenergetics) is physically measurable. A preferred term for this same phenomenon is psychokinesis. An interesting variation on this theme is mind-controlled or thought-manipulated robotics. There is a great deal of research into this area (like telekinesis, but perhaps with an intervening catalyst or machine) because of its unfathomably vast applicability. We might be getting closer than you'd imagined.
If we are absolutely certain that no other forces are at play (such as gravity, air currents, poltergeists, or an object that has the machinery or mechanism to move itself), we can measure the following Braintenance physical variables:
1) How far the object was moved.
2) How much energy was utilized (a function of the weight or mass of the object and the distance it was made to travel).
3) How much energy was produced by the mover's mind on average per unit of time. Think about this - If you needed a group of telekinetic wunderkinds to move a pyramid or a paperweight - would you choose your team from the ones (on average) who could muster the force to move a two-pound brick six inches in 5 minutes, or from the ones who could muster the force to move a two pound brick twelve inches in five minutes?
You might find the following article excerpt to be of great interest, especially if it is possible that telekinetic ability can be cultivated through exercise:
The article link comes to us courtesy of SmartPlanet:
The BodyWave, an iPod-sized device, can read your mind through the body instead of monitoring directly from your head. The gadget measures brain activity to control 3D simulations on the computer screen, helping to minimize stress and anxiety. Read the full story
The possibilities, assuming a solid validation of telekinetic ability, and the power to train and focus it to become stronger and more efficient are limitless for either Human advancement (repairing decaying infrastructure) or Human destruction (dropping objects on each other's feet).
Other articles which might be of interest, a few of which relate to the subject matter of this article, and some which are either humorous deliberately or by default.
- Trailer: Dork Trio Abuses Telekinetic Powers in Chronicle (wired.com)
- Telekinetics? Bed-Bound Patients Move Robots Using Just Thoughts (ponderingtechnology.wordpress.com)
- Balance of Mind (teachingsofmasters.wordpress.com)
- A Telekinetic Future (danapress.typepad.com)
- Control The Flue (dragonintuitive.com)
- Popularity of Paranormal Investigations Motivates Mark Russell Bell to Share Insights (prweb.com)
- The Utterly Amazing Future Awaiting High-Tech Humanity: An Interview With Dr. Michio Kaku, The Author Of "Physics Of The Future" (3quarksdaily.com)
- The Wonderland Effect (theosophywatch.com)
- The Subconscious Mind Works Like a Computer (socyberty.com)
- Blog posts by RaK (community.humanityhealing.net)
- Energy Medicine Course Added to HealthForumOnline's Continuing Education (CE) Resource Library for Health Providers (prweb.com)
- Facebook Telepathy (ask.metafilter.com)