Today's exercise is fairly easy, but you must read each question carefully in order to understand precisely what is being asked of you! Again: Read Carefully.
A room is lit by ten independently wired (and powered) light bulbs. The probability of a bulb going out during any given night is .05 or 5%. The questions which follow involve one particular night.
1. What is the probability that no lightbulbs will go out?
2. What is the probability that any one lightbulb will go out?
3. What is the probability that any two lightbulbs will go out (together)?
4. What is the probability that up to three lightbulbs will go out?
5. What is the probability that either three or four lightbulbs will go out?
Enjoy this exercise.
Before we get to our solutions to the last quiz, here's an article of interest (reprinted from INTERNAL ENERGY PLUS) that might provide you will an enjoyable stress-buster, as well as an introduction to the amazing power of the mind to manifest changes in physiology and mood.
As many of you know, I invest a great deal of time discussing some of the less-known but powerful Modalities (i.e., special tools and techniques) of INTERNAL ENERGY PLUS. One of them is Entrainment (re-programming your emotions through direct signalling to the brain), and another is Deliberate Breathing. These are the two which you can use, right now, to create an amazing, soothing, re-energizing effect.
*If you need a quick refresher (no pun intended) on breathing technique, please quickly re-view the most recent two or three posts on http://theinternalenergyplusforum.blogspot.com/ and http://douglascastleiep.blogspot.com/
*If you need some very fast information about Entrainment, go straight to our website at http://www.internalenergyplus.com/ . Look under the TOOLS Section.
Here's a stress-reduction exercise that works miraculously, and in less than five minutes:
1. Sit down comfortably in a quiet place. Close your eyes. Breathe slowly, deeply and deliberately for twenty breaths. If you do this properly, you will visualize negativity leaving your mouth like a cloud of ashes, and golden light entering your body with every refreshing, rich inhalation. Your muscles will relax. You will feel a bit lightheaded. Just focus on your breathing. Open your eyes, and stretch your back (still seated).
2. Click on the following audio clip (at a fairly high volume), close your eyes, and visualize a golden light running its course, up and down, repeatedly, from the base of your spine to the very top and center of your head...almost like a warming internal massage, clearing an energy pathway through your body.
After you have done this, you will have an amazing feeling of relaxed re-connection. Please post your comments and reactions. We are all interested.
p.s. You might want to forward this little bit of heaven to a few friends and colleagues!
THE NATIONAL NETWORKER- We Are Networking
BRAINTENANCE - Stay Razor Sharp
INTERNAL ENERGY PLUS - Human Potential
THE INTERNATIONALIST PAGE
THE GLOBAL FUTURIST
And now, the answers to the last quiz! The first two of these questions could be answered with good estimates and at warp speed by simply using the "Rule of 72". The rule states that "if you divide the annual interest rate (expressed as a percentage, and NOT A DECIMAL EXPRESSION) into 72, you will find out how many years it will take for your money to double". The rule further states that "if you divide the number of years into 72, you will find out the interest rate required in order to double your money." It's that simple!
1. How long will it take to double your money at 14.4% interest compounded per year? If we divide 72 by 14.4, our answer will be approximately 5 years.
2. At what interest rate, compounded per year, will it take to double an initial investment of $1,000.00 in 5 years? If we divide 72 by 5 years, our answer will be approximately 14.4%.
3. What sum must we initially deposit in order to accumulate the sum of $3,000 in 10 years at an annual compounded rate of 8.00%? Gosh, I feel moody today. Even a bit surly. I won't give you the answer just yet. Instead, I'll provide a hint: At the end of 1 year, the starting amount ("X") will have grown to X(1.08). At the end of two years, X will have grown to X(1.08)(1.08). Do you see a pattern???