These problems are ridiculously simple. Or maybe not....
1) If you have started a savings account with $100,000.00 which accumulates interest at 4% compounded annually, after 10 years, what will be the accumulated sum in the account?
2) Applying the same facts as in question #1, above, and assuming that inflation accumulates at a rate of 3% compounded per annum, how much would the accumulated sum in the account be worth (in the equivalent buying power fo today's dollars) at the end of the ten-year period?
3) Will the sum of an odd and an even number always turn out to be even or odd? (The smart answer "yes" is unacceptable).
4) Will the product obtained by multiplying an odd and an even number always turn out to be even or odd? (Again, the smart answer "yes" is unacceptable).
5) When people work together and combine their mental capabilities, the resulting "mindpower" will be increased. If five collaborators are working together on the same project, what will the total mind power (expressed as a number) be if: a) the power is an arithmetic sum; b) the power is a geometric product; c) if the power is an exponential product???
The best of luck to one and all.
*Follow BRAINTENANCE on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Braintenance .
*Follow DOUGLAS CASTLE's Blog at http://aboutdouglascastle.blogspot.com/ .
*Follow DOUGLAS CASTLE on Twitter at http://twitter.com/douglascastle .
*Also: Take a look at the following sites ---
HUMANITAS MAXIMUS, TAKING COMMAND!, INTERNAL ENERGY PLUS BLOG, INTERNAL ENERGY PLUS WEBSITE, THE NATIONAL NETWORKER, THE GLOBAL FUTURIST, THE INTERNATIONALIST PAGE.
*Contact the author at email@example.com .
*Subscribe (free!) for The National Networker Newsletter and the BLUE TUESDAY REPORT at Join Us!