Today's exercises will cause you to call upon diverse skill sets, and will provide you with an all-around mind workout. One rule: You may not use a calculator, documentation or other aids. Your mind is the only guest at this function:
1. Find a synonym for the word "lucrative".
2. Find an antonym for the word "opulent".
3. How old were you 23 years ago?
4. What was your first telephone number?
5. Why does a plank of wood float in the ocean, while a bowling ball will generally sink?
6. What's the next number in this series: 0.5, 0.25, 0.125 ....?
7. What's the next letter combination in this series: AC, BD, EG .....?
8. What's the next number in this series: 100, 1, 99 ......?
10. In what business is a staple a staple?
11. In what occupation or pursuit is it seen as beneficial to lose?
12. What's the next combination in this series: ABC, BCD, CDE.... ?
Extra Credit: Does the surface area of your brain increase or decrease with each acquired convolution (wrinkle)?