The following information was posted by a LinkedIn colleague, Darryl Warren just a few days ago. It should give every Braintenance Mind Builder great pause for thought (pun intended) in terms of short-cutting the long path to mastery:
Study of the Day: Soon, You May Download New Skills to Your Brain theatlantic.com New research suggests it may be possible to learn complex tasks with little to no conscious effort, just like in The Matrix. Whoa, indeed. [read entire article]. ---------------
1) This will require a very fine and precise mapping (science is not quite there yet) of each of the appropriate learning centers and knowledge repositories for each type of programming. What if several different loci within the jelly ware are required for the full comprehension and application of a downloaded program?
2) Will this type of programming cause any type of atrophy of the physical brain, and its counterpart, the mind, due to the infusion of programming without certain learning exercises proven to increase cognitive ability, plasticity and creativity? Will our ability to learn through experience, interaction, the creation and strengthening of neurological connections, and association (pattern recognition, generalization, modification and appropriate reaction) be compromised?
3) What if either flawed or conflicting programs are downloaded into our personal jellyware? What might the effects be? Can an implanted virus (whether deliberately programmed-in or accidentally downloaded) destroy both our personal jellyware and our physical bodies?
- was emotionally immature;
- was emotionally or psychiatrically unstable;
- was physically incapable of bodily perform what the mind programming demanded of him?